Always dreamt of working for Nintendo of Japan? Fancy playing Wii games until your eyes bleed and being paid to do it? Then you’re in luck because Mario Club, NCL’s crack debug/testing department, is hiring temp staff! You can find the details here, though because everything is typed up in Japanese I feel I should condense the info in English so that you’re under no illusions about how crap a job this actually is.
Job requirements and benefits:
- You need to be at least a high school graduate (read: if you’re a uni grad, you’re probably aiming too low)
- You need to be ready to start working at Nintendo in Kyoto on April 16th
- You will be employed for a period of between 3 and 6 months (there’s an initial 2-week trial period for NCL to check that you know how to waggle that remote)
- You will be working Monday to Friday, 10:00-17:30 with a one-hour lunch break
- You will be given a Nintendo uniform to wear (!)
- You will be paid 980 yen per hour … that’s £7.20/$10.90 … in other words, about as much as you can get working at a conbini.